Information and advice services throughout the UK for disabled
and carers on all aspects of living with a disability
DIAL groups are Disability Information and Advice Line services (DIALs) run by
and for disabled people. Every year, the network of DIALs help around
half a million disabled people.
DIAL information and advice services are based throughout England and Wales.
They provide information and advice to disabled people and others on all aspects
of living with disability.
Information and advice are usually available on:
- welfare benefits
- community care
- independent living
- mobility and transport
and much more
Tel: 0808 800 3333
Many local DIAL centres rely on a team of trained volunteers to provide high-quality information and advice. The majority of the volunteers and the paid staff in DIALs are disabled people themselves and understand the needs of disabled people.
This list of values guides the work of groups in the DIAL network.
- Free, independent, confidential information and advice
- Empowerment of disabled people to maximise choice and control over their lives
- Equal opportunities and challenging discrimination
- The social model of disability focusing on the person who is disabled by society
- Employment and volunteering opportunities for disabled people
- High service standards within a system of independent inspection and review
- Control by disabled people of disability services
Join the DIAL network
Current member benefits
Affiliation to a nationally recognised DIAL network
- Promotion of your DIAL group through DIAL web pages hosted by Scope
- Referrals from a National DIAL phone number to your group, with all calls answered 9-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Monthly updates that share news and information from the network and relevant to the disability information and advice sector
- A regional worker who can offer support to your group
- Free Disability Rights UK membership, including access to their specialist benefits and tax credits advice line
- Access to funding search tools and other information through Scope
You'll also be able to:
- Join the DIAL Advisory group and have your say to develop the network
- Network with other DIAL members
- Access information from a central record of DIAL group activity
- Influence national campaigning and high-profile research and use data from the findings
- Consider national partnerships to support local tendering opportunities
New DIAL Network members
If your organisation would like to join, it must:
- have a 51% or more majority of disabled people involved in the organisation, either on the management committee or as advisors
- open for at least 8 hours a week, providing information, advice and / or advocacy
- work within the social model of disability
- be working towards a recognised Quality Standard
A Scope regional worker will contact each interested organisation to confirm suitability. Please note that length of DIAL membership will be acknowledged within any supporting statements provided to assist DIAL groups with funding applications.
Call 0808 800 3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.